March 4, 2010

Music



Music is a form of communication unlike any other.
It does not only stick in your head (words can do that) but it can even produce physical urges (like tapping your foot, or dancing around).

I think it has played the biggest role in the process of renewing my soul.
It speaks in such a dynamic, that we can play one song over and and over again and still want to hear it more.

I love how Chris Rice uses words. As an amateur poet, I love people who can use words. The fewest with the most power and resonance. His creativity and depth both astound and capture me.

My father would qualify this as "rock" music, or CCM at best. I was once playing it without earphones while I worked in the kitchen and he told me to turn it off. Well, I keep it to myself now, and it helps me see God through different eyes.

I think Lemonade is most interesting, as far as seeing God as "the Father of Lights: giver of every good gift", and as the One who gives a hope and a future. :)
Be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the other two songs you shared. They remind me of a book I haven't read but heard a lot about: 'Captivating' by John & Stasi Eldredge.

By the way, I've been a fan of Chris Rice's songwriting for a long time as well. :)

- Dana