August 12, 2010

PTSD?

Yesterday/today marks 3 weeks from when I left home/got to this place.  It doesn't seem like that much time, but at the same time it seems like forever.

I think I had my first PTSD episode last night.  It wasn't anything serious, and it was entirely honest and innocent on the part of the people who triggered me, but I stood there with waves of fear washing over me, feeling like I should leave ASAP, scared to death, fear....yeah.  Like all the alarms in my head went off in a moment.  I don't know if it showed.

I think I got over it pretty quickly, and put my mind to learning new things which would look good on my resume/life experiences page.  I keep thinking about it though, dunno if that is good or bad.
Mrs. G is helping me through it,encouraging and all that....

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Sorry. :-( Give me a call if you want!