August 21, 2010

Epoch

 July 21st.

It has been a month, today, since I left home. It is scary for me.  To think that I am out here, alone.  It is also emboldening.  I was not born a pansy.  I have a great education (I have been told that by sooo many people lately) and I have a solid work ethic that allows me to work under people or be a manager, as the situation calls for.

 It is amazing to think how much I have changed.  A little while ago I let loose the term "feminist" that shocked a dear friend I used to know well.  She could not believe that *I* was actually using the word, much less claiming it to myself.  She remembers the days when I was a parrot and debated all you non-fundie heretics until I was blue in the mouth!

Now, dear readers, I am an Ex-Parrot!!!
 No more of that.  I have dropped my opinions (well, make that some of my opinions, I don't know what I would be without any opinions at all) and decided to not make any more unless I was willing to "die on that mountain" (as Mrs. G puts it).

 I don't know what my future holds.  I hope to finish getting proof of my education next week.  I will be getting a car on Labor Day, and a friend in this area is seeing about a job for me. (Yay for word-of-mouth!!!)
God has been really good.

I cannot say that the month has been free from any non-blessing, but I am sure that the hard times were things I could get over.  I can make it!  I am strong enough! (And I can't believe I am saying that....!)
 

**honestly: that was the first word that came to my head when figuring out what to say .  I did not use it to make anyone head over to google.

2 comments:

RM said...

Hey Jen, I don't know if you were referring to my comment on mkP or not, but I just wanted to say that while I appreciated your "parroting" (because even if for you it was just repetition of someone else's beliefs, for us it was a healthy challenge to ours), I'm very glad to hear that you are forming your own opinions. And it's certainly OK if some of your current opinions overlap with old ones!

DoaHF said...

Lol, yes, RM, that was you. I still think it is hilarious.

I am glad to hear that some good came out of those crazy days; because I really feel like I should go back to some of the girls and apologize for being so bull-headed and not allowing them to agree to disagree. (Oh, how I used to hate that term!!)

Love you, Rache.