May 19, 2010

Hope

--is what I really need right now.

I have gotten two opportunities and both of them have fallen through. I could work in this area and look for a place to stay, but I was hoping to put some distance between me and "home" right now. Distance is good for release of tension and emotional issues. Distance also helps memories and bad situations fade.

It can also make good memories fade as well. And lessen ties with people that you love. Disappointment can steer you in a better direction, when it can also break your last measure of strength.

I know with God I can make it through. The "how" is the tough part right now.

1 comment:

childofprussia said...

I pray that your next steps will become clear very soon.

I also understand the need for space. I chose to move to another city precisely because of harmful and very strong, condemning attitudes among our family of believers back in our previous town. I felt like I was under constant attack. It felt very dark and suffocating for me there. When I moved, I felt like I had enough solitude and personal space to become mentally/spirtually stable so I could begin healing.

Anyway, I understand. And I truly hope that you find the needed sanctuary very soon!