January 7, 2012

(untitled)

This post may be revolting to some of you because of the influences that brought me to do something this revolutionary/ridiculous/stupid/good/progressive/pickyourownanswer.

The other day I finished up a long day at work (piled on the tail of a lot of previous long days and holiday stress and issues with people) when a friend (from work) invited me to go out with him and some other people from work.  I drove to the place (ok it was a bar) and found out that I had left my wallet (and hence my money and ID) at home.
I was tired and morose and pretty upset by everything, so I told them that I was going to just go home.  They made a big fuss about buying me a beer and not needing any ID.  And they did just that.  My sister warned me sternly not to have more than two and I kept myself there because the second one was an IPA which I am not quite used to.  It was such a good time just being with kind-hearted and accepting people in the loud and fun atmosphere of a bar.  About 30 minutes after I got there another co-worker showed up.

He is an older man, quiet, with a deep bass voice and a super kind listening heart.  He was relatively new so we hadnt talked much; but the other night I got to talk with him a lot.
While everyone else went outside for a smoke we shared about life and he talked about careers and his daughters and life for them.  His kind father's heart really reached out to me and as we talked I really opened up.  He was honest about things in his life and as we shared thoughts on religion and family values and decision-making and egalitarianism and honor and (of course) love.  I showed him my mom's text and he talked a bit about parents and how things get in the way of thier love.  He encouraged me a lot and reminded me of the only other father-heart I have known: Mr. M. 'Incredible'



He encouraged me to take time and to become more of who I was meant to be.
And his love and care for me (and I am sure the two beers) really calmed me down and I let go of some things.



And I texted my father:



I forgive you.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh. Wow.
Another strong step, my dear. I'm so proud of you. So.very.proud.

simplymerry said...

<3

Matthew said...

:-D