April 12, 2011

Fear

I have come to realize a pattern: My knee hurts when I do something drastic, or when Im stressed. Like a blinking red light, only in my brain's pain center.
This time, its warning me early...

This weekend I will be seeing my family again.  For the first time in 9 months, and first time since I left in the wee hours of the morning.  My younger brother is having a public ceremony in honor of his Eagle Scout award.  He desperately wants ALL the family together and got permission.  He called me on Monday to make sure I was still coming.  I told him that I had promised and I would do what was necessary to be there for him and to keep my promise.

I hurt my knee the other month when I stepped back and twisted it in the parking lot. 
It has been hurting since the other day.
As much as I have been trying to take this one day at a time and not worry....
My knee knows better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your father wants you to fear him, that is how he holds power over you. Look at what you have done. You've left his dysfunctional way of life and set out all on your own. YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK! You alone can control how he affects you this weekend. Be strong. Be proud (yes, PROUD) of what you have accomplished. Be there for your brother, but remember the little ones are watching you and you need to show them that you are doing well. You are a symbol for them of what they might be able to achieve some day. Do not be ashamed of the strong independent woman you have become. Wear your efforts like a badge of freedom and courage. My thoughts and prayers will be encouraging you this weekend.