December 8, 2010

Life...

I am learning more things and trying to grow, and hopefully getting stronger.

I am learning now about the difference between worldviews and how they affect one's life.
I am really scared about saying anything at work because two employees left/got fired/something happened.  I fear that if I ask what happened I will get censured. 
Mrs. G keeps telling me that they are not "looking for sin" in my life.
One of the leavings/fires/disappeared was the guy in charge who was planning on moving me up the ranks to become a book keeper.  I am now wondering what my future holds if I am stuck making minimum wage as a cashier.

Mrs. G encouraged me to talk to the girl who is taking over until a new manager-in charge-person comes in.  She said that I need to let people know that I want to move up and do more and that it would be looked on favorably for me to be trying to take on more responsibility.  I was afraid that I would be seen as self-seeking, or pushy or something.

*sigh.  Sometimes I see just how starkly all this has been entrenched in my mind, as well as how little I really know about the outside world. It is nice to not have to be concerned.  But at the same time I am not sure I entirely believe her.  Is she sure?  Will it really be ok?
I am so messed up...

1 comment:

simplymerry said...

yup, it is hard to break free of all this engrained stuff. takes time. but mrs. g is right. go for it. :)