November 15, 2012

Update: College

I paid my tuition, lab fees, parking sticker, etc, today in full.

I just have to get my books and I'm all set for the Spring semester. :)
My essay keeps getting voted for, and keeps the top spot.
When it gets entered in the second drawing it will hopefully meet the same enthusiastic response.

The money from that should more than cover my fall semester and maybe even some of next spring.
Its crazy because I wasnt counting on winning it at all.  It was a shot in the dark, hoping that some of my friends would vote.  I feel so encouraged and capable.  Like I can do this, and knock it out of the park, and get all "A's" because I CAN.
As I waled out of the college to my car this afternoon, my receipt in my hand, I cried so hard I had to wait a couple minutes before driving.  I never ever thought I would be doing anything like this. 
I never thought I would make it.
I never thought I could do it.
I didnt believe I was worth it.


But this past two weeks: I have found out that I am.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of what you're doing. I voted for your essay. :)

I have a similar story. I'm going to law school to do what I can for those caught in the craziness which is patriarchy/fundamentalism. I'm currently at Georgetown Law. I love to meet people on a similar path--there are more of us than you might think. I've even run into a few here at Georgetown. If you would like to connect, my email is carmen[dot]n[dot]green[at]gmail[dot]com. I figure we need to be looking out for each other.

Sharon said...

YES!!!!!!