November 12, 2012

Amazed

I feel humbled and so amazed by the enthusiasm that people have shown for my "cause."

I did not expect anyone except friends to notice it and I hoped to be selected for the top 10 essays based on merit and my essay, not on votes.

Some people were asking if they could donate directly, so my sister set up a ChipIn account for me:
Jenni's College: ChipIn Account

I signed up for 4 classes (11 credits) this morning.  With my hard work and savings, I have enough money for tuition and books.  Gas and other expenses I will keep working to support.  I had to change my availability around at work, but after 2 years of open availability, hopefully they will be sympathetic to me going to school.

All this rolls into motion January 10th, so I will definitely be updating this as often as possible.
I have over 2,000 votes for my essay, and the next leader has a bit over 850.

When the second round of voting comes through I will definitely update as well.

3 comments:

Kateri said...

You are a brave young woman, and I support what you are doing with my whole heart. I know from experience that it isn't easy to walk away from a home like yours. Just wrote a post on my blog, encouraging my readers to go over an vote for your essay.

Edith said...

That is so cool that you have so many votes. Looking forward to the updates. (I don't read daily but I do check in on you occasionally).

Sharon said...

Yay!!!