November 19, 2010

My response to "Steadfast Daughters" (2)

This verse came to me as I was writing these ladies and email:
(their blog is still closed to any comments)

Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Does that sound familiar? I think Stacy, Christy, and their crew would say they are righteous. That they are sure they are doing the best thing; standing in self-elected judgement over a sister in Christ.

“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
One the epitome of evil, and one pure "godliness"

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.

And on their comments-closed blog they say amongst themselves: "God, we thank You that we have the opportunity to share the truth with these sinful girls who have been lead astray by deception, antinomianism, selfishness, self-pity, and such. Thank You that we are not like them.

I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’

We submit to our husbands, and have houses full of ship-shape children who have not (and will not.... had better not!!) rebelled against us. We glorify Your name in all our writings and speeches and use the money we make from it for godly purposes.

And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’
And Hillary, and the girls (like me) who have been through enough to turn our hair grey lay on the floor, weeping, saying: "God, Your grace and love for me are amazing. I don't know why You care, or what I have done to deserve it. I am so weak and emotionally spent right now that I can't get off the floor. But I know You are there, and You are my only answer, and the sole reason for Hope in this wretched life."
And then we fall into an exhausted sleep, to wake up the next morning and face the world again, full of hard work, pain, and abusers: like our parents, and Stacy McDonald and all her clan.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Yes, yes, yes. (((hugs)))

rae said...

This is so so true, and so sad. :(

Elianna said...

hey :)
i love you.
and i'm really glad you write
*real* stuff on here.
~nicole

Dana said...

Amen! And wow, so well said!