November 30, 2010

Holiday Thoughts

Thanksgiving is to grocery stores what Black Friday is to "stuff" stores. 

We were all working mega hours, breaking for a breath and to rest our feet and then back at it again. 
Then, suddenly, it was over.

Holidays were never big in our family.  We bucked tradition at all points possible, but we usually celebrated thanksgiving by having people over and doing some Bible Study/Fellowship. 
Grandparents, friends, any available people.

For thanksgiving I didn't have to cook at all.  In fact, I barely did anything.  We hung out, watched movies, and ate until the food was gone.
The day after thanksgiving Mrs. G and family got out all the Christmas decorations.  I must say that it was fun putting on decorations after not doing it so long.  I also got to put lights up outside which I have never done. 

At work I am training for a new, different part of the store.  Saturday I have to do it all by myself.
Then, my manager said he will have me train to learn book keeping.


God has been so amazing through my journey to where I am now.  I was just trying to explain today to my "trainer" why I was 20 and not in college and excited for my first job.  The look on his face was priceless when I answered some of his questions.  I guess I should get used to it.  When people hear weird stories they get that look on their face.  I am learning what "normal" is and what it is not.

Anyway, back to God.  I would not be here if not for the work He has been doing.  I have not actually read a Bible in a couple months.  Not that I have not had scripture around me, because I do attend church and I have biblegateway.com that gets me the exact verse I was thinking of.
It has been so liberating to get to know Him without the trappings and chains of organized study.  Or scheduled prayer, or Bible readings, or anything.
At my lunch breaks, I sometimes lean my head on my knees and breathe.  I whisper something like: "I am so glad You are here with me, and that You love me, and that You are making my path unfold before me..."
I really have no idea where life will take me next.  I am not really brave enough to think about facing it on my own, but that is why He is with me.  If I have learned anything, I have learned that He loves me, and that He is with me.  And that makes it all worthwhile.

3 comments:

shadowspring said...

This is so beautiful. I know that Jesus will always lead and guide you, love you and provide you. Your future, while unknown in many ways, is secure.

I am very happy for you, dear one.

Sharon said...

Yes, yes, and yes. :-) (((hugs))) I'm proud of you!

Dana said...

That's so awesome!! :)