October 21, 2010

Cashier Conversation 1.2

mash from the last couple weeks



Me: Good morning!
Guy: Oh, don't be nice to me.  Save it for gentlemen like him (points to older man who just finished a purchase).... He then tells about how no one has (ever) been nice to him and how all his former bosses used to hate him, etc, etc
Me:  Well, I am told to be nice to everyone, so I can't make an exception for you.  Sorry.
Him: Ah, I see how it is.  Life according to Jen... I like (the sound of) that!
Me: *finishing transaction
Him: just remember; don't overwork because you aren't overpaid!!


Guy: Is this beer good?
Me: *laugh really hard: I'm underage!
Guy: Oh...... sorry......


Me: *trying to figure out the code for something I never checked out before
Guy: *after finally getting it right ...I never used to drink smoothies.  I always thought they were for like, old people!
Me: 0.o   I make my own.
*we proceed to swap recipies and I hold up the line about 3 minutes


*a lady was writing out a check and something needed supervisor approval on the machine, so the couple in line had to wait.  I thanked them for waiting and asked if they would be patient just a bit longer.
Girl: Oh, no problem! (typical response)
Guy: NO!!! *sarcastic smile
*girl turns to him and whispers something about how not nice that could be taken
*I just laugh, and so does everyone else


*me bagging for another casheir.
Lady: Can you make the bags really light?
*me thinking: really light?  How light is really light?
*I pack some stuff (4 or 5 things) in a bag, and slide it over to her.
*she lifts the bag slightly: No, this is too heavy.
*I pull half of the stuff out and put it into 2 bags.
Cashier girl begins packing as well.  Her stuff needs to go in 3 bags.
It eventually gets to the point that we realize that two 12oz water bottles in a bag are about what she calls "too heavy."  About 15 bags later we get everything packed up, and she asks for help to take everything (that fits into one cart) out to her car.  I push the cart out to her car, and lift half the bags with one hand and we manage to stuff everything into an already crowded trunk (not unpacked from vacation she said) of beach towels.  Cashier girl said she may have had back surgery or something.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the one about smoothies! My mom just got a blender for her birthday, and all our ice cubes keep disappearing to make slushies. :P So far the favorite is cappuccino. What's your favorite smoothie?