February 27, 2010

For All My Sisters

Healing Is Slow (Inspired by the Quivering Daughters Blog)
written 1/10/2010

Careful please! I am healing
And healing comes slow,
Little by little the wounds close
Till scabs are all that show

Underneath, the flowing blood
Little by little brings--
Enough strength to knit together
The torn and fragile inner things.

A tender bruise remains
Much longer stays the scar;
A frank, jarring memory--
But time has brought me far.

They say there is a reason
For everything that happens.
In waiting, I hope to find it
But (you know) healing comes slow.

Perhaps some day I'll look back
And understand the "whys".
But for now I'm healing
And tears still fill my eyes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{Defrauded Daughters}} May the Healer hold you close.

Sharon said...

This is beautiful!

OneSurvivor said...

Very touching. I understand the tears. They are healing, in and of, themselves. Let them wash over you.